Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Tropical Oasis

This past weekend I got to spend some much needed quality time with my husband to be while exploring the Franklin Park Conservatory. I bought our tickets half price on Groupon and was very excited to use them to see the Orchid exhibit. Dave had never been to the Conservatory so I was also excited to show him around this Columbus attraction. I researched their website and read their description of stepping out of cold, snowy Ohio and into a colorful tropical oasis. It wasn't quite that but it was warm and smelled delicious and if you closed your eyes and imagined really hard you could trick yourself into thinking it was at least Florida. We walked through the Himalayan mountains, the desert and tropics discovering the regional plants of each. Finally we got to the exhibit room filled with colorful orchids of all shapes and sizes. They were gorgeous! I even mentioned to Dave that an orchid would be the perfect valentines gift, we'll see if that hint was blatant enough!

2 comments: